The Most Delicious Molten Cake Made In A Slow Cooker?
A Gooey Molten Cake has to be one of my most favourite desserts, I never knew you could make it in a slow cooker. How easy can it be? not only is this a gooey chocolate molten cake but it has the amazing addition of caramel making it even super special with the packet of Rolos.
Another great benefit of using the slow cooker which I didn’t realise at first is that because you layer parchment paper down first it makes the cleaning process so much easier too. pick up the paper and just throw it away, now that is my type of clean up.
How good is this and all you need to do is serve it up with a scoop of cream of ice cream…… I think I am in heaven.
Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate and Caramel Cake
For the first layer:
- parchment paper
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
For the second layer:
- 1 (3.9) oz. box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 c. milk
For the top layer:
- 1 bag of Rolo minis unwrapped
- Cut out a large piece of parchment paper and place it in your slow cooker on low heat, then lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, milk, oil, and eggs for the first layer and beat for two minutes. Pour into the parchment paper in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the instant pudding and milk and beat for two minutes, then carefully and evenly pour the pudding over the cake layer in the slow cooker- but DO NOT MIX IT IN!
- Carefully arrange a layer or Rolo mini candies over the top of that, but DO NOT MIX IT IN!
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for about 3 hours, cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker. Cake is ready when a toothpick placed in the center half way down comes out clean.
- When finished cooking, the top will become a layer of chocolate cake, and underneath will be a gooey, chocolate caramel sauce.
- Spoon into individual bowls, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Source:- Favourite Family Recipes