There Is Nothing Like A Homemade Chocolate Cake
In this day and age we as busy working people are going more for the packet cake mixes then making ones from scratch. Its such a shame that the home made cakes from our grandmothers and great grandmothers generations that were being handed down are starting to become a thing of the past. It doesn’t have to be this way you just need to find the right recipe that is easy, and there is nothing like the smell of a chocolate cake in the oven.
A Chocolate buttermilk cake adds another dimension, the buttermilk can make a standard chocolate cake extra moist, it is well worth a try.
Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot strong coffee
- Mix and blend all dry ingredients, except sugar.
- Cream sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk until blended. Then gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Add the hot coffee by pouring a slow stream against the inside of the bowl while mixing. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into 2 or 3 greased and floured layer pans or a 9 x 13 in pan. Bake at 350 degrees approximately 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Source:- Serving Up Southern