Three Musketeers Bars That You Can Make At Home
We all have our favourite candies, ones with peanuts, caramel, nougat and covered in delicious chocolate. Now you can actually make your own Three Musketeers Bars and have them whenever you want. The only problem you may have is that you might no be able to stop at just 1.
Making you own candy is not for the faint hearted. It can be a little fiddly but if you have ever made your own marshmallow that you shouldn’t have any problems as long as you have a good mixer.
Three Musketeers Bars
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ¾ cup milk powder (my box is labeled Instant nonfat dry milk)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 ox bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cups light corn syrup
- 1 package chocolate candy melts
- 1. Oil a 9×13-inch pan and set aside. Mix together egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer (or just a regular bowl if you’re using a hand mixer). Sift together the milk powder, cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Melt the unsweetened and bittersweet chocolate in the microwave. Mix the sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium pot. Now all of the ingredients are ready to go!
- 2. Bring the sugar mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the cover on the pot and allow to boil for 3 minutes. Remove the lid and clip on your thermometer (I’ve upgraded to a digital thermometer, it has an alarm to let me know when I reach certain temperatures). Heat until you reach 233° F.
Source:- Wild In The Kitchen